Thursday May 18th through Sunday 21st 10:00 am - 3:30 pm gold coin donation
WEDNESDAY 17th MAY 2017 6:30 PM
AGNES WATER COMMUNITY HALL
71 SPRINGS ROAD • AGNES WATER
$20 ADULT ENTRY • $10 CHILDREN UNDER 16
Family Rate $50 - 2 adults + 3 kids
(smart casual dress)
EXCLUSIVELY FOR OPENING NIGHT ATTENDEES:
GLASS OF CHAMPAGNE ON ARRIVAL
LUCKY DOOR PRIZE - Be in to win a $150 voucher for professional art supplies
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD - Vote for your favourite Art Show entry. The winner of the People’s Choice Award will be presented with a cheque in the amount of $500 on the night.
SECTION PRIZES AWARD CEREMONY
LARGE CANVAS SCHOOL PROJECT
AGNES WATER QUILTING & TEXTILE GROUP M.P. AWARD
SECTIONS AND PRIZES
Bendigo Community Bank®
Major Sponsor Award
Any Subject • Any Medium
1st Prize: $2500 | 2nd Prize: $500
Agnes Water Tavern
Any Subject • Any Medium
2nd prize Award: $500
Pavillions on 1770 Luxury Beach Resort Award
Maiden Homes Award
1770 LARC! Tours Award
Agnes Water Premix Concrete Award
Lagoons 1770 Resort & Spa Award
People’s Choice of Any Section Entry
Agnes Coast Vet Clinic Student Awards
AGES 5 TO 11 YRS.
AGES 12 TO 18 YRS.
ENTRY RULES & REQUIREMENTS
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY!
To ensure your artwork is eligible for entry, arrives safely and on time, and can be accepted & displayed read all of the following:
- All entries must be the unaided work of the entrant alone. All artwork must have been completed within 12 months prior to 17 May 2017. Artwork entered cannot have won a prize at any previous art exhibit. Workshop projects and commercially produced kits are not eligible.
- Up to two (2) pieces of artwork may be entered in each section. All works must comply with section descriptions to be eligible for entry.
- A 20% commission will be retained by the Art Show on all sales. (Excluding student sections.)
- Payment of total entry fee and fully completed entry form must be received by Sunday, 30th April 2017.
- All pieces of artwork must be clearly labelled on the back with an official INFO TAG positioned in a lower corner with the entrant’s name, address, phone number, title of artwork, section number, medium & selling price.
- Titles and/or prices may not be changed from those listed on the entry form.
- Paintings, photographs, textiles and other artwork to be hung for display must be fitted with D-rings, as shown in the illustration above. Hanging wire is optional.
- Paintings on stretcher frames will be accepted on condition that all staples are at the back, and the painting is continued around all four sides of the canvas. Stretcher frames must also be fitted with D-rings and hanging wire.
- The published amount of an award will not be divided in any section. An award may be withheld if in the judge’s opinion none of the works submitted is of an acceptable standard.
- Entrants shall allow their work to be photographed without a fee during the exhibition for print media, 1770 Art Show archives, Facebook page, web site, etc.
- The 1770 Art Show accepts NO responsibility for loss or damage. Entrants are encouraged to arrange for their own insurance.
- Artworks may be posted to: 1770 Art Show, PO Box 304, Agnes Water, QLD 4677, and must arrive by Friday 12th May 2017. We advise entrants to insure their artworks and to use adequate packing materials. Packing will be retained for repacking. Sufficient stamps/payment for must be included for artworks to be returned by post.
- Artwork(s) arriving by hand must be delivered to Agnes Water Community Centre, Springs Rd., Agnes Water, between 2pm and 4pm on Sunday 14th May 2017.
- Collection of artwork is at close of the Show — between 2pm and 5pm Sunday 21st May 2017. No artwork may be removed before then. Pickup by agent with written permission and proof of identity.
- Works not collected on Sunday 21, 2017 will incur a $50 handling and storage fee for up to two weeks, after which time the artwork(s) become property of the convenor.
- The decision of the judge is final. The 1770 Art Show will not enter into discussion or correspondence regarding the judge’s decision.
- The 1770 Art Show reserves the right to reject any work submitted.